Prayer is Not…
1. Self-help speak.
2. A way to fix things. God’s Grace is the “fixer”. Prayer may reassure us of Grace but it isn’t Grace. Prayer doesn’t fix things, Grace does.
3. An invitation we extend for God to meet us at our lowest emotional convenience.
4. Therapy with an unseen counselor.
5. Always about words. Silence works wonders in Prayer.
6. Confined to worship.
7. Like a movie, with a start, stop, and pause button. It really never stops because we simply join in to what God’s already doing.
8. A half full or half empty thing, it is a glass which can always be refilled.
9. What you probably think it is.
10. Paper, Words, or Thoughts alone. Presence is also Prayer.