1. Do you see inherent value in the world around you? When you begin to recognize value in others, you’ve taken the first steps toward being publicly grateful. Acknowledging gratitude changes everything.
2. Commit to communicating gratitude. Be the person who says “thank you” more than once a day. Speak it in person or write it in a note.
3. If you make this commitment others will want to share in what you’re doing. Gratitude is contagious.
4. Healthy habits are formed in healthy environments. If you’re creating at environment of empathy, awareness, and trust, people will want to be part of a culture of gratitude.
5. Gratitude is cost effective. It’s free to say thank you and recognize the value of someones efforts.