Trying to have better small talk? Interview your world and ask these questions.
1. Tell me about an event which changed your life for the better.
2. What do you do for fun? People like to have fun. Personal stories are great equalizers, no matter our backgrounds.
3. Who was your favorite teacher? Who would you be without your Dumbledore or Mr. Miyagi? Have you ever thanked this person?
4. What’s your favorite meal to cook for guests?
5. Ask, no matter what you believe the person’s musical tastes, their favorite country and western song. Even classical music composers, trained in the Bassoon, conducting in Berlin, will have a favorite country song.