1. Don’t let your past define who you are today. Let the past inform who you aren’t now and plan to be tomorrow.
2. Don’t let the sun go down on your anger. Don’t wait until the end of the day to address issues that may be causing tension in your relationships. This isn’t an idea just for couples. This is for everyone. Practice kindness throughout the day.
3. The practices of a healthy community can shortcut the road to anger.
4. Handle misunderstandings in person, not through the phone, text messages, or email. The sun travels faster than people read their messages.
5. Draw others toward your positive outlook with the same sweetness of a home cooked meal. Think of Bugs Bunny smelling a fresh home cooked pie and literally being carried toward the windowsill where it awaits.