1. What would you do if you had just received the news you are terminally ill? Could you die in an emotionally healthy and psychologically productive manner? What would you do with your day or days remaining?
2. I’m guessing you’re not actively dying. However, what if you created “mortality days” each week? A mortality day is a day where you do those things you know you need to do for your own piece of mind (and for others) if you were dying. You live like you’re dying. Unlike a selfish bucket list, you’re living for others. How would the interactions with those around you be significantly altered?
3. When’s the last time you considered why you’re “here”? If you’re not sure, ask someone else why they think they’re “here”.
4. You have an innate awareness of the things that matter most in your life. Don’t let the distractions pull you away. Stay focused on what’s important. Peel back the layers of distortion surrounding you, whether you placed them there or circumstance beyond your control did. See what really matters.
5. Are you able to reduce you own sense of discouragement by becoming more encouraging to others?