1. Don’t Embarrass People in Public.
2. Don’t Make a Big Deal Out Things That Really Aren’t Big Deals
3. Remember To Put Things in Context.
4. How would you want to be treated in a similar situation?
5. What’s the Intent? Think about the intentions of the other person or people with whom you’re in relationship (a relationship could be a friendship, a marriage, a waitperson and party of people at table, a hotel desk clerk and a guest – anything really). Are their intentions typically nefarious, malicious, or wrong? Would their intentions be malicious? Why would they be? Does what you thinking about the person make rational sense? Given the answer to these question, how should you respond to a contentious situation?
Remember to be courageous and kind. You are blessed and you are loved. #youareloved