5 Ways to Strengthen Your Day
1. Take 5 minutes to begin reading something of quality. I’m going to suggest the New Testament. If you haven’t done it in a while, the best thing to do is to start at the beginning with Matthew’s Gospel. Read for 5 minutes then mull it over, think about what you’ve read, and then read for 5 more minutes tomorrow. If something doesn’t make sense, make notes so you can ask someone a question or look it up later. That’s up to you. It is a minimal time commitment which can lead to maximum spiritual growth. It is a simple three step process: read, reflect, and think.
2. Make a list of 2-3 things you are grateful for. What are 2-3 things that you can write down on paper today that you are grateful for? Try finding a place to save that paper (inside a book, on your phone). You never know when it might come in handy.
3. Spend 5-10 minutes in silent prayer simply listening to God.
4. Write a handwritten thank you note to someone. Write the note even if it is only to thank them for their friendship or support.
5. Ask the magic questions: May I help? Do you need me to do anything?